Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This weekend in Asheville

I will be coming to the area probably by Friday evening and hope to meet with different people this weekend - sowing seeds, talking to folks and walking around downtown Asheviile to scout out locations. Brian Leahy (who is a senior here at Davidson) will be coming as well and he will be taking photos which we can use for our promotional materials. So, if any of you in Asheville want to join us as we run around town this coming weekend, let me know. Community is cultivated over time and NOW is the time to start.

We'll meet Saturday 10-12:30 for Lama Chopa teachings and Sunday, we'll meet 1-3 - both at Judy's.

Also, perhaps Sunday, for those who can, we should meet for brunch before practice to discuss Urban Dharma (we need to set concrete target dates!!) Who's coming?

3 comments:

  1. Glad you guys will be here! Let me know if you need a place to stay. I would also be happy to walk around town with you guys and be a part of the brunch planning session.
    I also wanted to share that my sister-in-law had an interesting dream recently... She told me this weekend she dreamed she was with a lama, and they went out in search of the ruins of a 500 year old temple out in the mountains of North Carolina. Pretty wild!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to attend Lama Chopa at least. I'll see what my schedule allows...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brianna: Brian will need a place to stay, I'll visit with Jim this time.

    Josh: Yes, at least attend Lama Chopa teachings. Would be good if you can come to some of the "social" things too but schoolwork needs to be done well.

    ReplyDelete