Tuesday, October 12, 2010

A Short Visit

Emily and I were in Asheville for a short weekend visit. It was really amazing to be back and I was glad to be able to meet up with some fellow Urban Dharma friends for the first time since UD's conception. I had a great time hanging out with Hun, Josh and Bri, and it was a pleasure to meet Hun's friend Jay for the first time. We looked at a few of the prospective spaces for UD downtown. I'm really excited about all of this beginning to take off.

I'll try to get a profile written up some time this week. And I finished reading Mishra's An End to Suffering. Now I'm going back and reviewing some of the material to gather some reflections to share with you all. Look for that in the next few weeks.

Also, I found a link to what looks like a well done text on Buddhism and Social Action: http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/authors/jones/wheel285.html
I haven't looked at it very much yet, but I thought I should share.

Jeff

2 comments:

  1. It was killer to see you again.
    Too bad it was so short-lived :(

    I look forward to reading reflections and seeing you again in the future when it becomes present..

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, this officially means that you guys will be back "in no time" to build Urban Dharma, right? Deal.

    ReplyDelete