Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Hello U.D.


Hello all. I am very excited to be part of this wonderful venture. I know most of you, and you know me, but for those of you whom I do not know, I am Ani Konchog Dadron and was ordained by Khenchen Gyaltshen Rinpoche at TMC in Frederick, MD in May 2009. That makes me a baby nun, albeit a 60 year old baby!

In my opinion, Urban Dharma is an idea whose time has truly come. To be able to serve a community of people on various levels, in diverse ways is true wisdom in action. I am really looking forward to moving to Asheville and contributing to this venture.

I once asked a friend of mine why she thought that more people weren't attracted to the teachings, or just came for a little while and then drifted away. She said that we needed to become the embodiment of the teachings and then people would listen to what we had to say. This made so much sense to me!

In fact, the very thing that attracted me to the Dharma was that it is chock full of practices that I could implement on a daily basis to make internal changes. Other modalities told me to love my neighbor and honor my father and mother, but they didn't tell me how to accomplish this! Dharma does tell us how and gives us the tools to accomplish the change. This was what was missing for me and why I am so grateful for the teachings.

I look forward to getting to know all of you better and working with you in Urban Dharma. I will be looking for a place to live and hope to move to Asheville this summer. Meanwhile, I can best be reached at Anidadron@aol.com. Feel free to contact me any time. What an exciting adventure we are in for!

Ani Dadron

4 comments:

  1. Good to see you off to get involved with UD. I'm so glad to see you are well. I'm sure you will be a great benefit down there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ani-la, we are so lucky that you will be joining us in Asheville - as a resident of our fair city, and to add your wonderful presence to Urban Dharma! I'm very much looking forward to getting to know you as UD develops and comes to life.

    ReplyDelete